Recipes, Menus & Blog
Herb Cheese Hashbrowns, your answer to the PERFECT side dish! This versatile dish goes with fish, chicken, steak, burgers, chops, ribs and brunch! Ready in less than 40 minutes and NO PEELING potatoes!! My kind of dish! Try the Herb and Cheese Hashbrowns out this...
These Garlic Herb Butter logs are great hostess gifts!
- ⅛ tsp olive oil
- 1 stick unsalted butter, softened
- 1 large clove garlic
- 4 sage leaves
- 2 sprig thyme
- 1 large sprig rosemary
- 1 sprig oregano
- Optional herbs: sage, oregano, and marjoram
- Few parsley leaves
- Pinch of kosher salt
- If you do not have access to fresh herbs, dried herbs of your can be substituted
- Place herbs and garlic clove in food processor and pulse until finely chopped.
- Put butter in medium sized bowl. Stir in olive oil, salt and chopped herbs. Stir until combined.
- Tear a piece of plastic wrap into a piece large enough to put butter in.
- Spoon butter onto plastic wrap.
- Roll plastic wrap around butter while shaping it into a log shape. It doesn’t have to be perfect!
- Sometimes mine turn out great, sometimes not so much!
- Chill until firm, remove plastic, serve. Can also be frozen.
- Serve with Corn on the Cob Corn on the Cobb with Garlic Herb Butter; a pat also goes great on baked potatoes or on top of steak How to Season a Steak!
- You can also just put the butter in a bowl to chill if the whole log thing doesn’t appeal to you!
The herbs in the recipe are just suggestions, use what you like and what will compliment your dinner! If you don’t like garlic, you can omit.
|Amount Per Serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Vitamin A||Vitamin C|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Cookin' with a Terry Twist
Creamy Cheesecake Oh my goodness! A few weeks ago I realized Father’s Day was just a few days away and I TOTALLY forgot about dessert! Creamy Cheesecake to the rescue! In this post you will learn how to make the Creamy Cheesecake perfect EVERY time, garnish it,...
Whether you are renting a cottage, traveling in a RV, cooking in the galley of a boat, or renting a condo on the ocean......Here’s nine food tips to make your summer vacation easier - use one or use them all! Going out to eat, while on vacation, is fun but can get...
A Delicious Father's Day Whether you are cooking burgers, pork chops or steaks, I am sharing two potato dishes, both using my favorite potato, the Yukon gold, that Dad is sure to love! Also included is an appetizer that will hold him over until dinner and one of...
Crab Cakes with Remoulade Sauce Makes 10-12 appetizer size cakes or 6 dinner size cakes 8 ounces crab meat - Note - I use Boss© Handpicked Pasteurized Wild Caught Crab Meat ⅓ cup seasoned bread crumbs 2 large eggs, beaten 1/4 cup mayonnaise 1 tsp seasoned salt 2 tsp...
Yukon Gold Potato Salad Serves 2 - 3 people Make ahead salads are great to have ready to serve at dinner time! Potato salads taste great with hot dogs, burgers, smoked sausage with honey mustard sauce, steaks and pork chops! 1 ½ pounds baby Yukon gold potatoes (or...
Easy Corn on the Cobb Everyone’s favorite “vegetable”, is even yummier with a pat of Garlic Herb Butter on it! Husk corn. Bring large pot of water to a boil. Add 2 tsp. Salt and ½ tsp sugar to water. Add corn. Boil for 3 minutes, turn off heat and cover, keep pan on...
How to Season a Steak Perfectly In the morning or up to 24 hours before cooking that beautiful piece of beef steak, season steak on both sides with - First a TINY amount of sugar. Use less than ⅛ of a teaspoon per steak. Sprinkle the sugar on lightly and...
Yukon Gold Smashed Potatoes Makes 6 - 8 servings 3 Pounds Yukon Gold Potatoes, baby size, if available 1 large or 2 small sprigs fresh rosemary, (or other fresh herb of your choice such as thyme or oregano) 2 or 3 cloves garlic, quartered 2 tsp salt 1 ounce cream...