Other Options - Leftover beef (beef stew, pot roast, etc.), can be added at end of cooking. Brown one beef shank and add to slow cooker, at beginning of cooking. Remove from crockpot at end of cooking, cut in small pieces and return to crockpot. Add one small zucchini, diced; this would be added at end of cooking, zucchini cooks quickly. Add one half cup frozen corn, at end of cooking. Add your cooked, leftover pasta to soup, don’t we always make TOO MUCH PASTA??
- Slow Cooker Minestrone Soup is a busy Mom's dream go-to recipe!!
- 2 quarts Kitchen Basics© Beef or Vegetable Stock
- 1-15 ounce can kidney beans, drained OR any kind of beans you have on hand
- 1 cup dry pasta of your choice (THIS IS ADDED AT THE END OF COOKING)
- 1 - 28 ounce can diced tomatoes
- 1 - 8 ounce package coleslaw blend
- 1 cup fresh green beans cut in ½ inch pieces
- 1 carrot, diced
- 1 stalk celery, diced
- ½ cup frozen peas (THESE ARE ADDED AT END OF COOKING)
- 1 medium potato, scrubbed, unpeeled and diced (ADDED AT END, ALSO)
- 1 medium onion, chopped, or 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 clove garlic, minced or 1 tsp garlic powder
- Fresh parsley, 2 T. chopped, or 1 T. dry parsley
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1 bay leaf
- ½ tsp black pepper
- In a 5 or 6 quart slow cooker - turned to low for 8-10 hours
- You can also cut this recipe in half and make in a 3 quart slow cooker
- Add all ingredients, except for pasta, frozen peas, and potatoes, to slow cooker, stir well. Turn onto low and cook for 8-10 hours until vegetables are done. When you get home, turn slow cooker up to high, leave lid on, bring to a boil, and add pasta and potatoes. Cook pasta per package directions, leaving lid on crockpot. Check for seasoning, add more salt or pepper to taste. Top with grated Parmesan cheese, if desired. Serve with crusty bread. Enjoy!
Can be made gluten free or vegetarian. Very low fat and low carb. Filled with nutritious vegetables and beans!