Herb Cheese Hashbrowns, your answer to the PERFECT side dish! This versatile dish goes with fish, chicken, steak, burgers, chops, ribs and brunch! Ready in less than 40 minutes and NO PEELING potatoes!! My kind of dish! Try the Herb and Cheese Hashbrowns out this week, you will be dancing the happy potato dance!
Herb & Cheese Hash Browns is really a versatile side dish. Great served for brunch or with fish, steak, burgers, smoked sausage, pork chops or chicken!
- Herb & Cheese Hash Browns
- 5 small Yukon gold potatoes or other white thin skinned potato, about 1.5 pounds, cut in half
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 T olive oil
- 1 T Garlic Herb Butter OR plain butter
- 1 tsp Hungarian mild paprika
- Salt & black pepper to taste
- ¾ cup shredded Monterey Jack, or any cheese you like
- Fresh parsley, green onion tops or chives, finely chopped
- Put potatoes in medium sized pot of cold salted water, bring to a boil and cook until nearly tender, 12 - 14 minutes. Drain well. Place on large flat surface and smash flat with a fork.
- Heat medium sized non stick saute pan over medium high heat. Add olive oil and garlic herb butter. After butter melts, add potatoes and pack into pan evenly with spatula to form a potato cake. Season with salt, pepper and paprika and cook until the underside is brown, around 10 minutes. Reduce heat to medium, invert a plate over the pan and carefully invert the potato cake onto it. Carefully slide the potato cake back into the saute pan and cook until “set”, about another 6-8 minutes. Top with cheese, cover with a lid until cheese melts. Garnish with fresh parsley. Cut into 4 wedges and serve hot.
No peeling these Yukon Gold Potatoes! Hash browns done in 30 minutes!