These Garlic Herb Butter logs are great hostess gifts!
- ⅛ tsp olive oil
- 1 stick unsalted butter, softened
- 1 large clove garlic
- 4 sage leaves
- 2 sprig thyme
- 1 large sprig rosemary
- 1 sprig oregano
- Optional herbs: sage, oregano, and marjoram
- Few parsley leaves
- Pinch of kosher salt
- If you do not have access to fresh herbs, dried herbs of your can be substituted
- Place herbs and garlic clove in food processor and pulse until finely chopped.
- Put butter in medium sized bowl. Stir in olive oil, salt and chopped herbs. Stir until combined.
- Tear a piece of plastic wrap into a piece large enough to put butter in.
- Spoon butter onto plastic wrap.
- Roll plastic wrap around butter while shaping it into a log shape. It doesn’t have to be perfect!
- Sometimes mine turn out great, sometimes not so much!
- Chill until firm, remove plastic, serve. Can also be frozen.
- Serve with Corn on the Cob Corn on the Cobb with Garlic Herb Butter; a pat also goes great on baked potatoes or on top of steak How to Season a Steak!
- You can also just put the butter in a bowl to chill if the whole log thing doesn’t appeal to you!
The herbs in the recipe are just suggestions, use what you like and what will compliment your dinner! If you don’t like garlic, you can omit.
|Amount Per Serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Vitamin A||Vitamin C|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Cookin' with a Terry Twist