Terry’s additional serving ideas - #1 Put spinach dip in a hollowed out green pepper (top removed). Place filled green pepper in the middle of a serving plate and surround with veggies, crackers, small bread sticks, etc. #2 Purchase little plastic disposable shot glasses. Fill the shot glasses with spinach dip about ¾ full, cover and keep cold. Just before serving insert a carrot stick, celery stick and stick of red pepper into the spinach dip for an A+ presentation (and extra bonus - No Double Dipping!)
- 16 ounce container sour cream, regular or light
- 1 cup mayonnaise, regular or light
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper, chopped
- ½ cup yellow or orange bell pepper, chopped
- 4 green onions, green and white parts, chopped
- 1 or 2 cloves garlic, very finely chopped
- 1 - 1.4 oz package Knorr© brand dried vegetable soup mix
- Pinch white or black pepper
- 10 oz bag of frozen, chopped spinach, thawed and drained
- Thaw spinach until no ice crystals remain
- Place spinach in a kitchen towel and squeeze the heck out of it until it is as dry as possible. It will basically be in a “ball” when you are done.
- In a large bowl combine everything EXCEPT the spinach. Stir well. Take your kitchen scissors and “cut” your ball of spinach up a bit more, so that it is not “clumpy” in your finished product. Refrigerate for 24 hours, it takes that long for the flavors to meld. Stir again before serving with your favorite veggies, crackers or in a hollowed out pumpernickel loaf.
TERRY’S TIP FOR A QUICKER, EASIER VERSION (Less chopping!) Place bell pepper, garlic, and green onions in large bowl of food processor and pulse until evenly chopped. Add dry, chopped spinach and pulse once or twice to break up the spinach a bit more. Add this mixture to the sour cream, mayo and dry veggie soup mix. Add pepper and stir well; you are done. You will cut your prep time greatly, trust me!