Another week in our Sunday Supper/Make the Most of Your Leftover Monday Series!! Meat Sauce over your favorite pasta is a great supper anytime. If you are feeding a crowd this recipe will fill the bill! If you have a small family, why would you go through all this work and not make enough for leftovers? This freezes so well, you will feel like a genius having this stocked up in your freezer! Or, you can check out the Lasagna With Meat Sauce & Vegetables and have another dinner under your belt!
- 4 pounds ground chuck
- 2 T minced garlic
- ¼ tsp salt
- ⅛ cup vegetable oil
- ½ cup diced onions
- 2 - 12 oz cans tomato paste
- 2- 28 oz cans crushed tomatoes
- 1 cup beef stock
- 1 cup chicken stock
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp pepper
- ¼ tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 2 tsp dried basil
- 2 T parsley, chopped
- 2 bay leaf
- 2 tsp sugar
- Large piece of green pepper - ¼ to ½ of a large green pepper
- Why a piece of green pepper? I like the flavor but not the chunks of green pepper in my sauce!
- Sprinkle beef with ¼ tsp salt. Brown beef and garlic in large stock pot (at least 6 - 8 quart stock pot), until brown. Drain in large colander.
- Over medium high heat, add vegetable oil in stockpot, add onions. Saute until onions are soft. Add tomato paste, crushed tomatoes, beef and chicken stock,and all remaining ingredients. Whew, that’s a lot of stuff, but it’s worth it!!!
- Once the sauce comes to a simmer, add the ground beef and simmer on low heat for 1 hour. Stir the bottom of pan often so the sauce does not burn. Remove and discard bay leaves and green pepper.
- Serve over your favorite pasta.
- Freeze leftover sauce in freezer proof containers, or use for some delicious Lasagna with Meat Sauce & Vegetables