Let’s turn the leftover meat sauce recipe Meat Sauce from Sunday supper into something spectacular! The addition of veggies totally hits this out of the park! Add a piece of bread or garlic bread and dinner is done! You don’t have to add the vegetables if your family will turn their noses up (or maybe refuse to eat it), BUT what the heck, try a small pan of this once and they may just say - this is different and I like it? Lasagna also freezes very well. It’s always nice to have some home cooked meals ready to pop in the oven on those busy weeknights, right?
- 8 ounces ricotta cheese
- 1 egg
- 4 T parmesan cheese
- 4 cups meat sauce or meatless if you would like to make this a meatless supper
- Recipe: Meat Sauce
- 1 small zucchini, cut in half lengthwise and sliced very thin
- 1 cup frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 8 lasagna noodles, cooked per package instructions
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cook lasagna noodles and place on wax paper to wait their turn in the assembly line.
- Trim lasagna noodles to fit pan, if necessary. Prep veggies and warm meat sauce in microwave.
- Stir beaten egg into ricotta well, this will make it make “spreadable”.
- Spray large loaf pan with nonstick cooking spray. Put thin layer of meat sauce on bottom of pan. Top with 2 lasagna noodles, ⅓ of the ricotta cheese, ⅓ of the zucchini, ¼ of the mozzarella cheese, ⅓ of the spinach, meat sauce to cover, and 1 T parmesan cheese.
- Repeat 3 more times.
- Top the last lasagna noodles with remaining meat sauce, mozzarella and parmesan cheese.
- Cover with foil and bake for 40 minutes. Remove foil and bake for another 10 minutes, until hot and bubbly and slightly browned.