Guess you could call this "Everything But the Kitchen Sink Salad, but that wouldn't sound too appetizing, eh? I don’t know what is better about this salad - the rainbow of colors or the taste! Super easy to make, good for 2 or 3 days after you make it, and a truly fool proof recipe! This dish is great to take to a potluck or serve with your favorite BBQ creations!
- 12 oz box tri-color rotini pasta (or similar pasta of your choice), cooked and drained well
- ½ pint grape tomatoes, cut in half lengthwise **see tip**
- ½ can large black olives, cut in half lengthwise
- 2 green onions, chopped or sliced in thin rings
- ½ red, yellow or orange bell pepper, chopped, (or combination of)
- 1 small jar marinated artichokes, cut in eighths, optional
- 2 ounces hard salami, cut in small chunks or pieces
- 2 ounces deli ham, cut in small chunks or pieces
- 1 ounce cheddar cheese, cut in small chunks or pieces
- 1 ounce mozzarella or other white cheese of your choice, cut in small chunks or pieces
- ½ cup canned beans - garbanzo, black, or kidney, (or combination of)
- 1 T lemon juice
- 1 T olive oil
- 1 cup Italian dressing (AND have some extra on hand in case you need it!)
- 1 tsp red OR white wine vinegar
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- ⅛ tsp salt
- Boil pasta according to package directions. Drain well. Spread out on cookie sheet to cool a bit.
- Combine lemon juice, olive oil, vinegar, salt, pepper and Italian dressing in a large bowl. Mix well.
- Add remaining ingredients EXCEPT tomatoes, unless you are serving immediately.**Tip** When I am bringing this pasta salad to a potluck, I simply cut up the tomatoes, put them in a sealed bag and place them on top of the salad, so I don’t forget to add them in; otherwise they will be sitting in the cooler when I get home! This is better made several hours or one day ahead, to let the pasta soak up all the yummy dressing. Stir again before serving. IF your salad seems a bit dry, simply add a bit more Italian dressing before you serve.