It's Happy Hour Time!! This is a “sipper”, beware if you drink too fast!! Easy to make and a bit too easy to drink! Adapted from Geoffrey Zakarian, The Food Network
- 2 cucumber slices
- ½ ounce simple syrup - recipe below
- ½ ounce fresh lime juice
- 2 ounces gin
- 2 ounces ginger beer
- Sprig of fresh rosemary - about 4 inches long
- To make simple syrup - In a medium saucepan combine 1/4 cup sugar and 1/4 cup water. Bring to a boil, stirring, until sugar has dissolved. Allow to cool. You will have extra, put in fridg and save for another day!
- Muddle one of the cucumber slices on the bottom of the cocktail shaker with the simple syrup. Into the shaker, add ice, gin, and lime juice, shake well.
- Strain into a cocktail glass, over some fresh ice.
- Top with ginger beer.
- Take remaining cucumber slice and push rosemary sprig through it for a garnish.
Refreshing, beautiful, aromatic. You can smell the rosemary and cucumber with every sip!