Shown served with Grilled Ahi Tuna, link below. It is best to serve this salad at room temperature, after marinading for 1-2 hours on the counter top.
- 8 Campari or 4 Roma tomatoes, cut in quarters (or similar quantity of any other type of tomato you may have on hand, like cherry, grape, etc.)
- Marinade ingredients
- 1 T olive oil
- 1 tsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- ¼ tsp salt
- Pinch of black pepper, or more to taste
- ¼ tsp sugar
- 1 small clove garlic, minced
- 1 T fresh parsley, minced
- 1 T red or green onion, finely chopped (optional)
- Mix marinade ingredients well. Pour over tomatoes, stir, and let sit at room temperature for 1 or 2 hours, stirring occasionally.
- Great with grilled fish, and especially good with my recipe for Grilled Ahi Tuna Steaks !
Huge Tip!! - The herbs in the tomato salad can be altered to accompany the herbs you are using in your fish, i.e. dill, basil, oregano, etc. can be added to the tomatoes in order to compliment the flavors in any fish dish you are serving.