Excellent low carb dish when served with Marinated Tomato Salad!
The key to how splendidly the Grilled Ahi Tuna and Tomato Salad go together is the common ingredients they both have in their marinades. Try this and you will definitely see what I mean. The level of flavor combination is amazing! What a healthy and light dish to serve in the spring and summer OR year around!
- 2 - 5 ounce wild caught ahi tuna steaks, about ¾ inch thick
- 2 T olive oil
- 1 T soy sauce
- ½ cup dry white wine
- ½ tsp salt
- Dash black pepper (or more to taste)
- 1 small clove garlic, minced
- 1 T minced fresh parsley, or 1 tsp dried
- ¼ tsp sugar
- Combine marinade ingredients and pour over tuna. Cover with marinade and refrigerate for 1 - 2 hours, turning every half hour or so.
- Preheat gas grill to high. Gently scrape excess marinade off of steaks, especially the excess garlic and parsley, so they don’t burn.
- Cook steaks on high, 2 minutes per side for rare, 4 minutes per side for those of us who want the tuna a bit more well done!. Do not overcook the tuna or it will get very tough. After flipping the tuna place a tablespoon of marinade on the top of each steak while the second side cooks.
- As an alternative the steak could also be cooked indoors on the stove top in a grill pan.
- Serve the steaks surrounded by Marinated Tomato Salad