This is a great spring and summer lunch or dinner. Serve on a bed of lettuce, your favorite bread or rolls, or inside a hollowed out tomato. However you eat this, you will absolutely love it! Guess what is standing up in the chicken salad?
- 2 cups chopped, cooked chicken meat see Roasted Chicken
- OR store bought rotisserie style chicken, chopped
- 1/16 tsp ground sage (don't use TOO much, you can always add more!)
- Pinch salt (optional)
- Pinch black pepper (optional)
- 1 T fresh parsley, minced or 1 tsp dried parsley flakes
- 1 small clove garlic, finely minced, then smashed (optional)
- 1 stalked celery, chopped
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- Put chicken in container. Sprinkle with salt and pepper, if using. Sprinkle ground sage over chicken. Stir in parsley, celery, garlic and mayonnaise.
- You can eat this right away, but if you allow it to refrigerate overnight, the flavors will develop!
- The two “secret” ingredients in this chicken salad are the sage and the garlic, which to me spell out DELICIOUS!!
Optional add-ins - chopped green onions, halved grapes, dried cherries or cranberries