High in Fiber AND Flavor, Very Low in Fat, LOADED with flavor. For an extra kick you could add some chopped jalapenos. Can be served as a dip or a side dish. This recipe can be made in 10 minutes, with items you have on hand!
- 1 – 14-16 oz. can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 3/4 cup salsa of your choice, hot, medium or mild, chunky or smooth
- 1 cup frozen corn, or fresh corn cooked and cut from the cobb
- ¼ cup canned chopped green chiles, drained, hot, medium or mild
- ¼ cup chopped green, white or red onion
- ½ cup chopped celery
- In small microwaveable safe bowl or casserole dish, cook frozen corn, 1 T. water, and pinch of salt on high for three minutes. Stir, let set for 1 minute, then drain.
- Combine drained black beans, drained corn, salsa, drained green chiles, chopped onion and celery. Chill until serving time. Keeps for up to 3 days in fridg.
Menu suggestions: Goes great with Mexican dishes. Serve as a side dish with turkey or beef burgers and tortilla chips. Serve as a side dish with turkey or beef smoked sausage and rice. Serve leftovers as a taco topping, or for a healthy dip. Serve as an appetizer in lettuce “cups”.