Other options Great “go to” dinner when you forgot to take something out of the freezer, (like I did today!) These can also be made ahead and frozen. Also great served as an appetizer. Form into “mini” salmon patties and watch your guests make these disappear! Have a salmon “burger night”. Place salmon pattie on bun of your choice, top with cheese, lettuce, tomato and tartar sauce.
- 3 - 5 ounce cans boneless, skinless, wild caught salmon, drained and flaked
- ¼ cup finely chopped celery
- ¼ cup finely chopped onion (yellow, red or green onion)
- ¼ cup finely chopped red, yellow or orange bell pepper
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 T fresh parsley, chopped
- ¼ cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 T mayonnaise
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- Dash hot sauce
- ½ tsp Worchestire sauce
- 1 T butter
- 2 T olive oil, divided
- ¼ cup seasoned bread crumbs for breading
- Lemon wedges
- Place 1 T of olive oil and 1 T butter in medium saute pan over medium heat and cook the onion, bell pepper, garlic, celery and parsley until they are soft, cool to room temperature before adding to salmon mixture.
- In medium sized bowl, flake salmon, add bread crumbs, egg, mayo, lemon juice, Dijon mustard, and hot sauce. Add sauteed vegetables and mix well. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes or make up to a day ahead.
- Heat 1 T olive oil in saute pan over medium heat. Scoop salmon mixture with a ⅓ cup measuring cup, form into round patties. Coat salmon patties with bread crumbs, place in hot oil. Brown on both sides until evenly browned. Serve with fresh lemon wedges.