Make Sunday’s Leftovers from Your Make Ahead Meatballs, into a New, Delicious Monday Meal!
- 16 Make Ahead Meatballs, From Swedish Meatball Recipe
- 1 T olive oil
- 2 carrots, cut into ½ ” pieces
- 2 stalks celery, cut into ½” pieces
- 2 medium potatoes, cut into ½” pieces
- 1 large onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 small zucchini, cut into 1” pieces
- 1 - 28oz. can chopped tomatoes, drained, save juice for another use
- 2 cups beef, chicken or vegetable stock
- 2 T flour
- ½ tsp dried oregano
- ½ tsp dried thyme
- ½ tsp dried basil
- 1 bay leaf
- Heat 1 T olive oil in 5 quart stockpot over medium high heat.
- Add onion and saute for 5 minutes until it begins to soften. Add chopped carrots and celery, saute for another 5 minutes. Add garlic, zucchini, and potatoes, stir and saute for 2 minutes. Whisk 2 T flour into 2 cups stock, slowly stir into vegetables. Stir often until the mixture comes to a boil and begins to thicken. Add drained tomatoes, oregano, thyme, basil and bay leaf. Simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add cooked meatballs and simmer on medium low, for another 15 minutes, until vegetables are tender and meatballs are heated through.
- Serve with shredded Parmesan cheese sprinkled on top, if desired.