Named and enjoyed by my Grandson Aiden I am sharing the carrots that "only grow at Grandma's house", with you! These stay crunchy and kids, (and grownups), will love how they taste. You will not believe the difference! I challenge you to try them! I truly believe that the small amount of salt and sugar added to the water, are totally offset by the nutritional value of the carrots! Have your kids listen to Aiden’s video (via Facebook post); hopefully he will convince them to “eat their carrots”, as long as they are Grandma’s carrots!
- One Large, Raw, WHOLE carrot, (NOT BABY CARROTS), peeled and cut into sticks
- ½ cup Hot Water
- Pinch of Salt (no more than 1/16 of a teaspoon)
- Pinch of White Sugar (no more than 1/16 of a teaspoon)
- Stir a pinch of sugar and a pinch of salt into one half cup of hot water until dissolved.
- Stir in an ice cube, or two, to cool water down.
- Add carrots, and small amount of additional cold water, if necessary, to cover carrots, cover container, and refrigerate until ready to eat. Can be kept for 2-3 days in refrigerator.