Cusinart makes it easy to quickly prepare the vegetables for this delicious quiche! – Terry
This quiche is a cinch to make and full of healthy ingredients. Very low carb as well. I’ve been making this for years. It’s one of those dishes you just don’t get tired of! Make up a double batch and keep in the freezer for a quick weeknight dinner.
- 1 small zucchini, cut in half lengthwise and sliced very thin
- ½ cup chopped red, yellow or orange pepper, or combination of
- 5 oz. frozen chopped spinach, thawed, drained and SQUEEZED***
- 1 large or 2 small garlic cloves, finely minced
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- 8 large eggs
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 T. melted butter
- ⅛ tsp. ground white pepper
- Dash hot pepper sauce
- 2 T. shredded or grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Whisk eggs vigorously in large bowl. Stir in remaining EXCEPT Parmesan cheese. Mix well. Pour into a 9” pie plate sprayed with cooking spray. Bake 25 - 30 minutes, until tops are nicely brown and centers are done and no longer "wiggly". During the last 5 minutes top with Parmesan cheese and return to oven.
- Allow to cool.
- Best eaten at room temperature, not as good served “hot”. Why? I do not know, it just is!
- Freezes great!
***Best way to squeeze all the water out is to place the thawed spinach in a clean dish towel and SQUEZZE until dry. When spinach is dry I always cut it a bit with kitchen shears. This eliminates clumps of spinach in your quiche!!