Cream of Mushroom Gravy
- ¼ cup chopped onion, finely chopped
- 2 T butter
- 8 oz. sliced mushrooms
- 3 T. flour
- 1 cup Kitchen Basics Chicken Stock©
- ¾ cup half and half
- ¼ tsp salt
- ⅛ tsp pepper
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp marjoram
- 1 tsp Worchestire sauce
- In a large saucepan, cook onion in melted butter until soft.
- Add sliced mushrooms and cook until tender, about 15 minutes.
- Whisk flour into chicken stock until smooth and whisk into the mushroom/onion mixture. Bring to a boil and cook for about 3-5 minutes, until the mixture has thickened, stirring often.
- Reduce heat to medium low and add half and half, salt, pepper and marjoram.
- Cook uncovered, for 15-20 minutes, stirring bottom of pan often to prevent from sticking. Add more chicken stock if the mixture is too thick or if you need a lot of gravy! Check for seasoning, add more salt and pepper to taste. Use over meatballs, round steak or chicken. Or thin with milk and have Cream of Mushroom Soup!
© 2016 Cookin' With A Terry Twist, LLC