Another no fail recipe in your recipe box! This turns out good every time!
- 4 center cut, bone in pork chops, ½ - ¾ inch thick
- Marinade Ingredients:
- Combine the following ingredients with a whisk in deep bowl. (Can be made a day ahead to allow the flavors to develop)
- 1 - 6 ounce can frozen apple juice concentrate, thawed
- 2 T canola oil
- 1 T chopped fresh thyme or 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 T honey
- 1 T soy sauce
- 1 tsp garlic powder or 1 clove garlic, minced
- few red pepper flakes
- Place pork chops in large glass dish or large zipper type bag. Pour marinade over.
- Marinate for 12 - 24 hours.
- One half hour before cooking - remove pork chops from marinade, drain on slotted rack.
- Pat dry with paper toweling right before cooking.
- Heat large skillet, cast iron fry pan or cast iron grill pan (that’s how I achieved the grill marks), over medium high heat until hot. Place drained, dried pork chops in skillet/frypan. Cook for 5 minutes on first side, and 5 minutes on second side. Reduce heat to medium and finish cooking until pork chops are 140-145 degrees (test with a meat thermometer). DON’T OVERCOOK! Remove from pan and place on platter, cover loosely with aluminum foil for 10 minutes. Serve.
These go well with so many side dishes like my Easy Oven Risotto, any type of rice dish, baked sweet or russet potatoes, au gratin potatoes, applesauce, etc.