If you are looking for the perfect Valentine's Day treat, this is the one -- a dessert and an after dinner drink ALL IN ONE! How cool is that!
From Terry Brandau’s Signature Collection, February 2016. Full of fresh ingredients, low in calories and fat.
- ½ cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1 medium sized blueberry muffin or 1 slice of pound or angel food cake
- ½ - 1 shot Chambord liqueur
- 1 6 oz container blueberry BLENDED lowfat yogurt ( I use yoplait©)
- In a shallow bowl, place ¾ cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- Cover the blueberries with ½ - 1 shot Chambord liqueur
- Marinate for one half to one hour before serving (or while you are eating dinner)
- Right before serving, in a beautiful, decorative glass of your choice, layer in this order: Marinated blueberries, layer of crumbled pound cake, angel food cake (this is very low in calories and fat!) or blueberry muffin (best), about a tablespoon of blended blueberry yogurt. Repeat and top with more marinated blueberries.
- How to eat - Enjoy the parfait and drink the delicious Chambord that remains on the bottom.
Terry's Twisty Tips for this dessert:
For Valentine’s Day, why not top with Heart Sprinkles (like you would use on cupcakes), a maraschino cherry, conversation hearts or even a small piece of chocolate? This is a simple, delicious and fun dessert for the romantics who like a theme based Valentine’s Day in the comfort of their own home (or those who just like good food!). Start up the fireplace and turn on the tunes Mikey!
If you want to cut back on calories and carbs, omit the cake or muffin; it will still be great! You could increase the quantity of blueberries to 1 cup if you choose this option.